Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Remembering Cali

I still remember this day like it was yesterday.
I had baked dozens of delicious blueberry muffins and my company that day in the kitchen was Cali
She lay across the kitchen window-sill for most of the morning and her and I enjoyed the music of The Rankins. 
When it came time to package them up and I was down to one muffin she quickly jumped up on the table and gave her 'on guard' pose. She had done her duty of keeping close watch over me all morning and now it was like she was saying "Hey, that one's for me." Well, she wasn't really a fan of muffins but she sure did love a taste of the butter.

                              "Cali..you were a little heillion and brought the term 'catitude' to a whole new level. You never saw yourself as a cat and wanted nothing to do with them. You provided we humans with many a good laugh in the nineteen years we loved you.
Today I have thought of you so much and you will always stand out in my mind as a unique and entertaining little character. We lost you in 2012 and still miss you today.
                                                  Cali 
                                           1993 - 2012

hugs, Deb

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a sad day....Cali was so beautiful....a spunky girl.....blessings in heaven to you little darling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cali was quite a little gal. I know she's missed. Just waiting "up there" for everyone to arrive and get on with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a sweet tribute. She was such a pretty girl. It is so hard to lose them and I do understand how much you miss them even long after they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always live on in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful memory of a very special kitty
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Deb, I can't see through the tears,
    Lots of love
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet story about Cali! I will always miss the kitties I've lost! Hugs to you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cali sure was a beauty. And what an attitude indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Cali. Take care Deb.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kitty Nikki passed away in 2008 and I miss her everyday. I can completely understand how you feel about Cali. Our kitties leave a special paw print on our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do get under one's skin, don't they? Your Cali, Mr Ed, my poor Bear-Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cali is a beautiful feline.
    Sending you a ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Deb...I know that feeling.
    Hugs.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate....our Ethyl has not been gone from us very long. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet little face! We remember you with love, dear Cali.
    Kisses and hugs, love.
    Cali sounds like my late Muffin.
    She was sure she wasn't a cat and
    was certainly superior to a human
    beings. From kittyhood, she'd look
    you strait in the eye and demand her
    own way. All the charm in the works, beguiling as all get out, queen of quite-a-lot and
    remembered with leaky eyes and
    love filled hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Deb, this is so beautiful.They get to us, don't they? I love this story -- she looks to be such a gently fierce guardian of that muffin (and a bit like Lizzie!). They all have their own personalities and she sounds like she had bundles of it! What a legacy they leave behind with the memories. Sending lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks like a sweetie!!! (she also looks like she could be our older kitties sister!!!)

    ReplyDelete