Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Cat-tip and a recipe

The Fab Four



Cat tip for the day =^..^= take it from the cat.

                                 STOP...LISTEN...and then if necessary...IGNORE.

                                Banana Bread

Paula Dean's Banana Bread is the best I have tasted. The secret to this bread is adding the yogurt. It is the most delicious, moist and flavorful banana bread we have eaten and we (that includes the retired-guy & Kane) know our Banada Bread. It is wonderful for breakfast on a cold, wintry morning. 

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of butter melted
2 eggs beaten
4 mashed bananas (very ripe)
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp of vanilla extract. Note* - I substituted maple syrup for vanilla

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Spray your 9x5 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or cover with a thin layer of butter
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. (1st five)
In another large bowl combine wet ingredients - whisk until smooth
Add dry to wet and mix before placing in prepared pan
Bake 50 minutes

I doubled this recipe and it turned out great. I also sprinkled cinnamon on top.
Enjoy!

Deb

10 comments:

  1. Audrey, of course, feels compelled to block Sierra's view.

    I love banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the first photo with Lily snuggling up your other cats- she might be old, but she's right there in the middle of things. Go Lily!
    Hope you're feeling better
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 bananas just asking to be made into a banana bread on the counter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cats look so peaceful ~ mine cuddle for about a minute and then OnceSlim plants his fangs on Kramer's neck. Gently, of course, but, still... I used to love banana bread but have not been able to find a good GF version. I'm still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy and cute photos.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw...and your dear Lily made the picture. I want to see more of her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Banana bread! and pics of the Fab Four!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at Lily and Annie. So wonderful!
    Did you substitute an equal amount of maple syrup for the vanilla or did you add more syrup. I'm a major lover of pure maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used same amt. but I'm sure it would be fine to add a little more to your liking. Yes, Annie is certainly a good nurse-maid. Lily is struggling with this pancreatitis and old age and needs the comfort.

      Delete