Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sprucing up the cupboard and a Christmas read.





I'm back snuggled up on the couch next to the fire with  Nurse Annie and a Christmas book as the nasty cold seems to have re-appeared. Actually, I guess I thought I was better...isn't two days enough???? I'm just not good at resting. 
I spent a bit of time at the property helping with some door installations, filled the feeders, had lunch from a drive-thru, picked up more seed (for the love of....) and headed home to decorate just a little more.
Now I'm flat-out done.
D.O.N.E

Here's a little peak inside the garage.
Taken before the second track was installed.
Will we get some siding on before the next snow-fall? 

I'll show you more upstairs next week. 

I mailed all my out-of-town parcels and now I'm pondering setting up a tiny tree. I'm just not sure whether to put it in our present home or the mouse-house.
That's because I'm not sure yet when we are moving.
Then again, I have enough ornaments for two.
(pinterest)

And if you know me, decorating two trees is not a chore. Not like this cold is. *groan*

Hope you are enjoying every minute of the Christmas season.

                    A Nantucket Christmas
is a Christmas story about love, friendship and forgiveness.
Nancy Thayer's story reminds us that this is the season of miracles. Before the gifts are unwrapped, surprise visitors appear, and holiday joy comes to all, both naughty and nice.

Stay toasty (and healthy),
Deb

17 comments:

  1. Poor you with that cold! They always seem worse when you have a big To Do List looming in front of you, don't they? Take it easy today...sip lots of tea and put your feet up! I bet a furry friend will sit in your lap to make you stay down. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope your cold is on the mend. DH's lasted about a week... but is much better now. Your *mouse-house is certainly coming along. Thanks for sharing in the excitement of building it with us. When I'm not feeling well, lots of TLC (Tea, Love, and Cats) work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope your cold is better. Gosh, four day away and I've missed so much. Enjoyed all your posts back to Audrey's first Christmas with you. She was simply adorable! I totally agree about young children and cats or kittens. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest up and feel better! So much to do this time of year! The mouse house is coming along and I bet you are in there before you know it. Charlie has helped me decorate of course! Big Hugs!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of your cold. Let your kitties take care of you. Snuggling up with them and reading is a certain prescription for cure! Love the kitty garland. Hugs and Purrs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! Oh, your little hutch looks so cute and the kitty garland looks so sweet! Feel better soon!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you are soon over this bad cold. Try to rest. Enjoy your tea and sweet felines.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I feel terrible that you are sick. Good luck getting over it. And good luck figuring out when you are going to move. I read that book last week. Of course it made me want to move to Nantucket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a storm is coming Tuesday, so I dunno if the siding will be on in time!

    I love that garland of festive kitties!

    Feel better soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good Christmas decor!

    Drink a good deal of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon. It must be exciting building a new home. I am into tiny trees. Why not one little one in both houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. And oh my -- I love your kitty garland!! Adorable!! I was looking at vintage aprons on etsy with kittens on them, so cute!
    Feel better soon Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dearly love that kitty garland. I wondered if your cats like to climb the Christmas trees? Mine used to go nuts when I put up a tree, but they are too old now to care about it and rarely break an ornament or send one skidding across the wooden floor. It was kind of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon! Suggestion: take some zinc; it will help chase away your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've often found that my colds, when I get them (thankfully, that's rare), seem to have a point at which they appear to go, only to come back. I wonder why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, feel better soon! There is nothing worse than a cold during winter. Sounds like you have the right idea - a good book and rest. I love your cat garland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots and lots of water and vitamin C for you, Deb. Actually your right on track with the tea and clementines. I'm so excited to see the kitty garland. I love it. It has such a good feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete