Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Welcoming new birds

After a joyful Christmas, I filled the feeders for all the birds at our property.
They deserve lots of treats, too, as they bring such pleasure to all that stop their busyness long enough to enjoy them.

 A Nut-hatch arrived for dinner and to wish us a
Happy New Year 
This is the first one spotted.
and of course, the Chickadee
wouldn't let the day 'fly by' without a proper
"Cheers"
Couldn't get a photo of 'the bandits' (squirrels) but they were there, too.

At home, a few new birds joined the others on Audrey's bird tree.


 A beautiful red cardinal
I have yet to see one at our feeders.
These were all gifts from friends and family.

I was very spoiled this Christmas and will take time today to enjoy a new tea that was given to me by one of my cat-sitting clients. I'll give you a review soon.

I love my little tea cupboard in the dining-room and I'm always changing it up.


This little Santa will hang around for awhile and help dress it up for the New Year.

Stay toasty,
Deb


6 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed watching our birds, too. Seems like when the feeder is empty the sit in the branches and stare at me through the window! haha. They certainly know who fills the feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different birdies we have here to I could watch them for hours ! Lovely photos . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love feeding the birds. Where I am right now I don't see as many but at my daughter's house they are everywhere! It's a rainy day but I'm off to spend some time with my Mom today. Charlie is not happy that I keep leaving him during the day but it's been a busy Christmas time! Tomorrow is all his!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is lovely...and your decorations! Three little kittens prevented me from having a tree this year; hopes for next year. Happy New Year, dear friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love your little tea cupboard. I've always loved old cupboards and wish I had room for more. You have a beautiful family! Glad your Christmas was a happy one!

    ReplyDelete