Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

A packed-full weekend.

If there is one thing that will put a smile on my face it is to get a call to care for Buddy & Chase. I love looking after these two clowns. They make me want to go right up to the shelter and adopt two tabby-cat brothers.  I enjoy just watching them interact with each other. Talk about copy-cats..these two take the cake.
Ebony & Cally are still leary of each other but when I arrive they are always sitting in the same room together. I think it is so nice that they have each other's company even if there is 10 feet always between them. It's company, right? It beats being alone. They will most likely end up the best of friends. I am hoping they become closer before the owners return. With the owners gone, Ebony is not having to deal with being jealous of the new cat arriving. This is helping, for sure.
This is one of the luckiest cats I know. Cally has found a loving-home after possibly being dumped on a country road. She is a wonderful cat.
                                                                 "I'm a lucky girl"

Driving home from Ebony & Cally's I came across this beauty having lunch in someone's yard. I love the country.


I was off to Balderson today to deliver an order of biscuits (yes, still doing that). They sell like hot-cakes up there so we must keep the store owners happy. Balderson is a great place to take Kane for a run. Oh my gosh! Kane's ears look so much better. There is no wax or discharge and he is not itching and they don't smell....Hallelujah.  I am going to buy a new bottle of Gentian Ear Cleaner (this can be purchased in most larger pet stores. Natural Pet Foods store in Ottawa carries it) for the lady who dropped off this bottle to me and a bouquet of daisies to show how much I appreciate her. Thank you, thank you. Check out www.woodhavenlabs.com for more info on this product.




I am finished cat-sitting Smudge & Anu today as their owners are back tonight. I have enjoyed them mostly because Anu is FINALLY letting me pet her after many years of cat-sitting her. She is, to put it lightly, testy. I have never pushed my luck with her until now. She is mellowing with age and I am getting a little more testy myself so we are meeting in the middle. Now she actually likes being petted. So Anu, as Sally Field once said, "You like me, I think you really like me".



Tomorrow I start caring for Dominique. She's a shy, timid cat and a real beauty.

Enjoyed some time with my little Riley yesterday. She loves to see herself in the mirror and dance with her nana 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Oh, little Riley is adorable! Her eyes look like yours!
    Oh, the little Cally is a beautiful kitty and Bandit looks like a stuffed animal - another gorgeous creature! I do believe you have the best job in the world! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley is getting so big now and so cute! How fun to tend a rabbit and such a pretty one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cally is a lucky beauty!...I love your cat sitting stories!...Very glad to hear Kane's ears are so much better, that's really wonderful!...Bandit is such a cute bunny!!...Riley is precious and I love the image of you two dancing together and her delight in watching herself in the mirror=so adorable!...Enjoy your day, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are going so well, Deb! And wow, isn't Riley growing like a weed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Riley is a cutie for sure!!! Love how you are getting Cally ready for the owners to come home. I continue to hope all goes well there.

    ReplyDelete