Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Special gifts for the tree


This  will always be a favorite photo from Christmas past.
After this encounter, that reindeer went sailing through the air and landed on the floor of our front hallway.
She absolutely hated him. He is a little safer this year tucked up higher and surrounded by other Christmas finery.

We made a visit to our old home today to pick up our mail and some parcels. We don't have mail delivery where we are unless we want one of those communal boxes so we have our daughter take care of it for us.
It works fine for now.
I was so delighted (giddy, actually) to find a parcel all the way from the state of Washington from a reader of my blog, Lana.
Lana has been so kind and thoughtful during the passing of our beloved pets in the past and she was a big admirer of our Siamese cat, Mr. Ed. I couldn't wait to open the Christmas parcel and did so as soon as I returned to the mouse house. Oh my goodness...

I wanted to share the beautiful Siamese cat tree ornament. It went straight to the top.

Our dear Mr. Ed

And look at this little guy. It's Simon. I darn-near died. lol 
He has a special place center-front on the tree.
Just look at that face.


"IS THAT ME?"

This guy is still running around on December 23rd.
Confused albeit but still runnin'.

Our little tree is filling up with adorable critters.


"I'm goin' in."


A beautiful card and a recipe for fudge. I'll share that in the new year.

And this is hanging on the wall of the mouse house.

I just could not believe how fun this package was. :)))

"Thank you, dear Lana so much for your gifts of love at Christmas. I wish we lived close enough that I could thank you in person. A big hug is sent to you today."

Hope everyone is taking time for themselves these hectic days.

Have a big, hot cup of Christmas tea and try to relax.


hugs, Deb




17 comments:

  1. Purrfect gifts for the Mouse House. Love the Mr Ed ornament and Simon too! I miss Charlie so much but we will have lots of cuddles when I finally get home. He is safe and well taken care of and that relieves my mind so I can take care of things in Texas. Wishing all of you a Blessed Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get unexpected presents! Audrey is being as sassy as ever, looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gifts are lovely. The Mr. Ed ornament is beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new ornaments are very pretty!

    Audrey, I know I might be asking the impossible, but behave yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! How fun! I loved seeing and enjoying for you every one of the perfect gifts! I am so glad Lana found them and blessed you with 'em!
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made the mouse house pretty for Christmas--and the feline residents appear to be very careful of the decorations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what purrrfect gifts- and the Siamese ornament is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! It's ALL looking lovely...!
    Audrey!x Audrey!x Slow down now..Don't
    tire yourself out before Christmas day..
    You'll be expected to do a bit of cabaret
    during the day...Like rearranging the Christmas
    tree decorations...! :). Bless!x

    And..I'm sure Simon would'nt say 'no' to a few
    crumbs of Christmas cake...! :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they are perfect for your mouse house tree , How lovely to receive them in the mail . Lovely photos , The sun is shining and the temps are mild but it is windy this morning . Wishing you all at the mouse house a very Merry Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, I enjoyed reading this post and your blog. Those are such cute ornaments for the tree and I love the fact that your tree is all critters. The chipmunk is just the best. Too cute. Love the picture of the cat and the reindeer and the fact that the reindeer went flying through the air. You all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new ornaments!!perfect for yall!! So hilarious that Audrey hated the reindeer!!!I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Ed rememberance. His name is on my cats memory tree along with Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've spoiled Simon. He's not going to hibernate when he has a friend like you to chat with through winter.

    May everyone in your family have a happy Christmas, despite the losses that you've had this year. Warm memories and a warm home will make smiles even so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such thoughtful blogger friends out there. Oh Audrey ---- you are a scamp!
    I did a bad thing and peeked in my parcel :-) Thank you Thank you .....
    See you next year ---- old joke but still funny?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas, Deb! Poor Audrey thought she had some competition for you! Silly girl -- that reindeer was no competition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Merry Christmas....love Ria x❤️❤️❤️

    Fijne dagen....liefs Ria x ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore those ornaments - what a sweet and thoughtful gift!!

    ReplyDelete