Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Time with friends

Yesterday it was warm as toast.
Simon came out for a look-see and found that sitting up on his chairs of protection gave him the perfect view.
So much for protecting him from our local hawk.

This morning it snowed. Not much; just enough to make it look a little more like Christmas time.
Sierra enjoys a bit of cold milk at breakfast.

Around the mouse-house the gifts are going up high, out of the reach of our Audrey. She is not impressed so she has gone back to her hidey-hole for another nap. Annie is dreaming of cat-nip filled mousies under the tree.


One of the best joys of Christmas is getting together with friends.


We were off to the local tea-room with Iain & Susan from http://www.readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/.  Susan has some great Christmas baking ideas for you.

A light lunch then back to the mouse-house for coffee, tea, lemon loaf, pumpkin muffins, (locally made) butter-tarts and fruit. Notice I threw the fruit in there for good measure.

It was such fun getting together with two of our dearest friends. A tight squeeze but fun, nonetheless. :)



I think I`m ready for the big day. Once the stockings are stuffed I`ll get in the tiny kitchen and start cooking.
Christmas is at my daughter`s beautiful home this year.
We`ll be surrounded by family which includes three grandittles. Oh joy! I can`t wait to see the excitement in their eyes. :)

hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. Merry Merry and a Happy Happy!
    Ho Ho HO!
    ox
    Purrs and hugs --

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cats know the value of a good nap! We got the dusting of snow up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful your home looks. I know you will have a wonderful time at your daughters with the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I love your little tree..it's perfect!
    Lunch out...wonderful and those dessert are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cozy little mouse house! Christmas is much more fun when there are small ones around. Our granddaughter will be here for Christmas but she is seventeen now. She is still a sweetie pie and will make Christmas special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mouse house is ready for Christmas and looks lovely.
    It is a great time to spend with family and friends.
    Merry Christmas!
    Nancy and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of you and your friends at your table really shows how "cozy" your mouse house is! I always imagined it bigger. We got snow last night (quite a lot) and now it feels like winter. Hope you have a wonderful time with your grandchildren. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Simon is such a cutie pie! Eating nice rich seeds and nuts will provide him with a good layer of fat for the deep winter. The way i've been eating sweets lately, the same could be said for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you do my friends? Glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mouse-house looks so festive and inviting. Christmas with three generations sounds like so much fun !
    Looks like you had a fun time with your friends.
    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas Deb...
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you see this blogger's holiday cat-in-window? I thought of you the minute I saw it: http://fotosbyfelicia.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-kitty.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your darling little home looks so warm and cozy and perfect for a little get-together with friends. I just love your sweet cupboards and the little village display. I now have some of Kathy's little sheep for my own cupboard! They are so sweet. Simon is so cute - I hope he is careful - and the cats always look so content. So nice to spend the Holiday with your family and precious grand-littles. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas and blessings for the New Year, Deb. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little mouse house is so charming and cozy - I bet you will be a little sad to leave it behind when the big house gets built!! I loved all the little cozy places I've lived - and huge bonus? It only takes about an hour top to bottom to clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home l;looks so pretty all decorated for Christmas . Even though it has been very mild I have not seen any sign of our Chippy or his siblings I guess they are in a deep sleep and to cozy to move lol ! Lovely photos . Sounds like your Christmas will be filled with family as well so will ours the kids are coming here Christmas day and boxing day so we will have a house full Miggs will love that Harley not so much she stays well out of it all lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete