Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

She had me at Hello

Thought I would share a picture of Maggie when she first arrived at our home. Everyone here says I spoil her...well, I guess!

THOSE EYES COULD MAKE YOUR 'HARE' STAND UP......

OK - she looks like a she-devil but this is the sweetest little creature on God's earth. This is Ginny and she is a Burmese (Berman & Siamese mix). Ginny has very large pupils that affect every picture I take of her. If I don't use a flash her face comes out too dark, if I do, her eyes turn red. Maybe someone has a suggestion for that. Now here is the amazing fact about our Ginny. She turned 23 this year. If you look up comparing cat years to people years, Ginny is right off the chart. I adopted her when she was 14 years old. She is in good health although her eyesight is deteriorating. She has chosen to make our second floor her home and is very happy with her decision. She wakes me up every morning by standing on my chest and screaming in my face. Oh.....that can be scary!! She was feeling left out because I had not posted her picture. I'll try very hard to take one and show off her blue eyes.

Happy Easter to everyone from our home to yours.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    thanks for visiting us. Poppy is a British Shorthair cat, often called a British Blue which are reasonably common here and the UK, but they don't seem to be a popular breed in the US/Canada.

    Have a lovely Easter, we are a bit jealous of spring arriving for you, as our weather turns greyer and colder here in the Southern hemisphere.

    Looks like you are having lots of lovely outdoors time over your break.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie is a precious girl and Ginny is a beautiful 23 year old!!WOW...I had a Siamese for 20 years and so did my Mom, but I really haven't heard of too many cats living over 20...Really beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie certainly is a cutie!

    Wow 23 years? Ginny doesn't look too bad on it does she?

    Happ Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!

    I can see why it took only one look to fall for Maggie. What a cutie pie!

    And Ginny is 23? Wow! Talk about good genes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 23 thats good going.. Lovely pictures even with the red eye. Try taking on natural light. Have a lovely Easter.. Hugs GJ xx


    PS please I am a man cat lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter sweetie!!!!
    Love the bunny ears!!!
    Wish cats could talk...
    love to get her take on her Easter outfit!Lol!!!
    Eat lots of jelly beans
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness 23 years old Wow!! You'll have to share more photos of her. 23 is something to be proud of. And of course Maggie is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete