Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday stuff & meet Martha

Loaf cakes are fun to bake. They just go so well with coffee or tea and they are less fidgety than muffins or cup-cakes. I spent a good part of last evening baking for the freezer. Pumpkin bread and banana bread are two of the favorite ones in our home. It's so nice to have some on hand for company. I also take my banana bread recipe and bake cookies from it. To these I add nuts and chocolate chips but the loaf cakes are plain.
These are amazingly delicious. Recipe is on a previous post in the 'let's talk dishes' under Banana Bread.
Let me introduce a great blog I stumbled upon. Martha is a wonderful cook and loves her tea get-togethers. I love to look at all her beautiful china and her recipes are 'a must' to add to your collection.
Pop over and meet Martha & her cute little corgi, Oliver at http://www.linesfromlinderhof.com/
I'm going to try Martha's Linderhof Pancakes over the Easter holidays. They look really delicious. You'll find the recipe on her Mar. 8  2011  post.





I found an old camera for now. It's a Kodak Easy Share V530. I'm not in the least happy with it but for now it's all I have.
So, I'm just playing around with some Easter decorations and then this little Easter tree will go on a high shelf. I have a pair of eyes on this and I just know what she's thinking.
"Saturday entertainment just went south"
"Sorry, Audrey"
I think I need to go find the cat-dancer.
hugs, Deb

6 comments:

  1. Audrey has the most expressive eyes and face..and yeah I have 2 rotten ones that would destroy anything i put out..they have to touch everything;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Oh, your baked goods look tasty and it's always nice to know about new blogger.
    Little Audrey is adorable! Cats must have the most fun at your house.
    Be a sweetie,
    Sheila ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, the treats look delicious. I have some bananas so perhaps I need to make some bread...love the face on that sweet sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words -- I've added you to Friends of Linderhof because I don't want to miss a single ONE of your posts! I'm glad I found you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our little lioness is growing! As Cat Nap Inn said, he face is so expressive. She'd be great in cat food commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Audrey looks like she carries the weight of the world and yet she is the happiest little scalliwag around.

    ReplyDelete