Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday thoughts

I spent a good part of yesterday trying to find a rescue to help a lady that wants to re-home her cat. Our local shelter is FULL and putting people on a list. After hearing the story on how this cat was not wanted anymore and was a 'pain' because it wanted so much attention and gets basically none, I felt compelled to help this innocent cat. I could tell after talking for only a few minutes that there would not be much done on the owner's part to find a good home for this cat. She wanted to hand it to a rescue and be done with it. OK...you don't change a person's mind at this point. So I try to help the cat.
Kitten season is just around the corner. What is kitten season, you ask? Well, from the end of April 'til the first frost kittens are born. From April on,  the shelters become full to capacity with kittens of every colour,  filling cages next to the adults that still sit there pining for a home because everyone is now wanting a kitten. It is a very tough time for animal shelters and we are heading right into it now.

Annie and Audrey spend their mornings hunting from this window. Annie is very prey-driven and would be a menace if allowed to roam. She will hunt down a toy in the house and stand yelling at the top of the stairs for all to see her prize and acknowledge it. Then rip it to shreds.

Audrey stands alert waiting for the squirrel that loves to tease her by running up and down our shed roof that is just outside the bedroom window. Great fun!

Found this little Spring tea-cup in Almonte yesterday. I love that it is taller than most and has a perfect little handle. It was in a thrift store and I only paid $3.00 for it. I wish they would have had 2.

Made in England
and now it has a new home.
It's raining today. The streets are dirty with the last of the snow mixing with sand. It's a good day to cat-sit early and then bake some goodies for the freezer this afternoon. Easter's not far off and it's time to get crackin'.
I'm joining A Delightsome Life at http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/ for Teacup Thursday.&
The Thrifty Groove at http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Here the time of new kittens is at the entrance of spring in September ... just a comment on another post about it: There are no laws at least here in Brazil, punish those responsible for the abandonment. We have to rely on the goodwill of animal protectors and cat lovers!
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb you have such a good heart. Poor cat, just wants some love. I hope you can find it a good home. Annie and Audrey are just so beautiful I always love seeing them! That teacup is gorgeous! Good find. Hope today is a good day my friend.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your new beautiful teacup. Little Audrey has grown up to be a beautiful little lion! People make me angry ... a cat that just wants love sounds like the perfect furbaby to me. Good luck and bless you for helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I am so glad you found my blog, because it let me right back to you! I am SUCH a cat lover and have four of my own and feed one on my deck everyday that won't let me touch him....my husband knows better than to fuss...I will do it anyway....he asked the other night, "so do we have five cats now." LOL

    Bless you for what you do!

    Following you back!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Folks like this cats owner infuriate me! People complain that cats are aloof. But get a very affectionate one and it's too affectionate!
    I can't even think if kitten season. With our relentlessly hit weather it is not uncommon to find a dehydrated dying mother cat abandoned in a box with her dead kittens. Too awful.
    What the hell is wrong with people, I ask you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you bring the cat home? It always upsets me when people treat animals as disposable commodities.I have rescued a number of strays and homeless cats in the past but no longer.I'm so gald there are people like you to do this.
    Your tea cup is a great find, it is unusually deep isn't it, its very pretty and unique.Your cats are very healthy looking, well cared for and loved ladies for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I sure hope you find the cat a good home. I am a cat lover too and it breaks my heart when I see people just "dismiss" their pet! I could just go off on a huge rant about the subject right now, but I will spare you that! LOL Love that teacup set. It is so hard to find the vintage teacups that are tall like that one. I am always looking for them. Thank you for sharing at TTF and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete