Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello March

"Hello March" I would say you are coming in like a lion. We are once again in the depths of winter. It has been storming since 7pm last night.  Non-stop.

Naturally, I have cats to care for in the country and will have to venture out on the back roads soon.  When my clients ask for 1 visit a day it is usually up to me to pick the time that suits best. In a case like today, I will wait and hope that the snow-removal trucks will have been up these back roads and made it possible for this crazy cat-sitter to get to the cat. "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail, nor gloom of night.....Ya, whatever."
I knew this storm was coming. I filled up the automatic feeders and put out extra
water knowing today would be a crap-shoot as to when I would arrive. You have to do that,  just in case.

Lily is tucked up in her cat bed and toasty warm by the wood-stove. Ed is keeping his distance the last few days
but strangely enough Annie has been lying close to her. Once a mother...always a mother.
                                              Lily bug
And Annie is never far from Audrey. Even when she can't see her, she knows where she is.
This weather has me playing with dishes again.



It's a hot chocolate kind of day.
 Well, any day is good for chocolate but especially today.

hugs, Deb

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deb...what sweet post. Safe travels as you venture out to look after the furbabies!! Your work is most admirable!!
    Our March came in like a lamb 80 degrees in NC today. I guess we'll have a blizzard at the end of March
    And yes any day is a good day for chocolate
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is a lion here in Saskatchewan too Deb! Let us hope for that lamb at the end of the month!

    Have fun with your dishes and your kitties today!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snow went all around us, but left us alone except for rain and flurries. Do hope your travels in the country are safe. Being a pet sitter does have it's down side! You MUST go in bad weather - like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I insist that you remove your snowflake mugs...you are encouraging the snow!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe and enjoy those kitties! Love that Lily is doing OK for now. Still praying for her and you. I do love Annie, she is a good Mom! Tea sounds perfect on a day like today. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea and chocolate sound lovely-any day =)
    I'm glad to hear the Miss Lily seems to be OK. Annie is such a sweet girl to visit with her.
    I love seeing your cats all snuggly and warm.
    Safe travels during this stormy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your cat photos! Happy March to you, too!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete