Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Delicious home-made muffins & MUCH to look forward to.

Delicious home-made muffins are a major food group in the mouse-house.

I added the blueberries to the center of the muffin instead of mixing them through the batter. That way the blueberries don't make the muffin fall apart or stick to the paper.

My favorite mixing bowl.

                                         Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup melted butter (cooled)
2 cups flour
1 1/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c blueberries

Sift flour, sugar,powder, and salt in large bowl
In a small bowl, mix butter, milk, eggs & vanilla.

Stir wet into dry just until mixed. Don't over-mix. Fold in berries or do what I do. Fill your muffin cup half-way, add berries, then top with more muffin mix. I sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

PUT ON TEA. :)

Annie would much rather eat crow.

I got an on-line "Hi Nana"  last night from these two cuties. I haven't seen them for awhile and miss them a lot. It's time to get together.

                      Riley & Bradley and a pink poodle I have yet to meet.
2016 is looking to be a very exciting year. These two little grandittles are going to have a new brother or sister this summer. That makes two new grand-babies for us this year. :) :)
My daughter is due this February and DIL in June.

How could life be better than that.

I'm off for my walk as the temps have risen and I won't freeze my 'cheeks' off. :)

Enjoy your day,
Deb

22 comments:

  1. What a good idea to add the blueberries to the center of the muffins instead of mixing in. Makes good sense. I love your cutie grandlittles. Great that you're getting two new ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blueberry idea....and you don't make the batter blue by crushing them while you stir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting about your 2 new expected grand-babies! How wonderful! And your blueberry muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see the kids!

    Blueberry muffins are very welcome. Blueberry anything is very much welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so smart...always baking something good. Those muffins look delicious! A new baby is so exciting. I am looking forward to a new great granddaughter, due in February. You have beautiful grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Deb! Love the muffins too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thou lucky duck you! You must be thrilled!
    Your banana oatmeal cookies were SO good,and I am making a roast beast for dinner, so I think I will add a batch of these muffins to the oven!
    I just took some blueberries out of the freezer!
    Really windy and quite chilly here...
    Have a great day!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you shake the blueberries with a little flour before mixing them into the muffin batter they will remain dispersed throughout and not sink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 babies! Wonderful. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so very beautiful in todays post Deb ... your mixing bowl, that wee butter knife with the engraving on it ... muffins fresh from the oven ... Annies dear little face & your gorgeous grandies. You sure do have much to look forward to my friend x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, aren't you smart! I just made some orange cranberry (I know -- from a mix but I was desperate) and of course they stuck to the paper. I'm remembering this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mouse house cottage looks so cozy. I can just imagine the aroma of the muffins! Enjoy your weekend!

    Congratulations on a second expected baby this year! Wonderful.

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! We really do communicate thru the ether ----- lemon blueberry muffins here @ 44.
    Love the idea of keeping the fairy lites up. I may have to do a V Day vignette on one of my kitchen shelves.. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. New grandbabies! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the eventful year ahead. Two precious new additions! And speaking of additions, isn't ground being broken for the new house?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking delicious ...Happy New Year! Love Helen, Darcy, Bing and Fred xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh congratulations on the new grand babies!! How delightful! 2016 will be a wonderful year for you.
    Muffins are a staple here too. Just something so comforting about a good homemade muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those muffins look amazing, Deb - and your grandbabies are just so cute! Congrats on the good news - how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two new grandchildren in 2016! That's wonderful! Those muffins sure look tempting. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete