Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

I must tell you...

we have had to face another heart-break. Over the last month I have been unable to write about our struggle with Sierra's health. The lump on her jaw was diagnosed by two vets as oral cancer. This was after we had her on antibiotics for 20 days thinking that it was an infection in her gums possibly from a tooth; a tooth that would need to be extracted. But her teeth were fine. When the antibiotics did not improve the swelling, our new vet said "it's most likely osteosarcoma, bone cancer.  I see it all the time in cats."
It was devastating news.

We took Sierra to our vet of 25 years where we used to live; a vet who knew Sierra all her life, and after a thorough examination we got the same diagnosis. We were told that the cancer probably started 6 months ago and only now showed up in the form of a lump on the jaw bone. She was very upset to have to tell us that there was nothing she could do.

With our vets guidance, we kept her comfortable over Christmas as she was still eating and drinking but the cancer grew quickly.

We said good-bye to our sweet girl on New Year's eve.

I'll be back to write a proper tribute to our beautiful little tabby when I can face looking at photos of her.
I just can't believe that she's gone.

I know that you all will feel sad for us, and I thank you for that, but I ask that you do not leave a comment at this time. I just could not bare to read them.


Love, Deb


20 comments:

  1. I feel so sad for you. To loose a loved pet is almost unbareble, but at least you know the Little fellow doesn't hurt anymore.
    A big hugh from Elzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Deb - this is truly heartbreaking news - I am SO sorry for your loss, truly sorry. Sending lots of positive energy your way as you walk through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, I am so sorry. It is so hard and now you have had to face this twice. I am just so sorry. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deb
    I don't know what to write ,i just don't know .This is so heart breaking ,so much loss in a short time .Tears in my eyes Take youre time .I wish you and you're husband all the strengt you need and i will burn a candle for you ,i wish i could do more
    Love Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb, I feel your pain...I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet <3 I sit with tears in my eyes as I type this. I know there is nothing I can say to ease the pain. Just know you gave her a good life and she gave you so much love. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY TEARS FALL AS I FEEL YOUR PAIN,I AM SO VERY SORRY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is no good news my dear Deb ....giving you a big hug...thinking of you....love from me Ria x❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so, so sorry. It is a very hard thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart is breaking for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very very sorry. Many purrs of healing and condolence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry, fly free beautiful girl. Know you will always be loved

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you asked for no comments, I don't usually comment at all, but I have been following your blog for quite some time. I am a lover of cats and I have always had at least one. Right now I have three indoor and a ferel outside. My sweet fifteen year old boy passed away in May from cancer in his mouth so I can relate to your pain. Blacky was a stray that we took in many years ago when we lived in Texas. He had also been diabetic for several years, requiring two insulin shots a day. My heart breaks for you and I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't not comment. I'm sorry you lost such a lovely girl - we lost our Little 'Un to bone cancer. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We all know how painful it is to lose a beloved pet and we bloggers are here to support you, to let you know you are not alone in your grief. Yes, it hurts to read the comments, but they really do help, despite the tears shed over them. They say that others care about you and your loss. And we all do care!

    I know this from experience. In fact, I have just lost my dear Sam and I have been thinking of you these past days, but couldn't remember where I saw your link. Sending a warm hug, purrs and paw taps of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hard to hear of another sweet baby passing... I lost an elderly cat years ago to a tumor in her mouth. Heartbreaking even when you know it's time to go.

    Purrz and Prayers fur you at this sad time. Praying that Sierra will let you know that all is well and you will see her again.

    ReplyDelete