Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy ending


The quality of these photos is terrible but I had to be fast and most were taken at night.
If you have been following my blog since last year, you may remember these kittens I came across one night while walking my dog. They were in behind an old building that they were using for shelter.
I had no idea if anyone was feeding them as they were just... there.

To the right of the building there was an opening near the door where they went in to get shelter. I could smell skunk so I stayed clear.
I took the dog home and grabbed some food and water and drove back. I gave them enough for the night and returned in the daylight.
Do you see the little one to the right at the front of the picture?
This is with my zoom lens
See the white under the eye. That usually means the cat has worms (I know...Ooooo)
Well, that was a year ago. I fed them every day and then one day a woman was standing there when I arrived. She seemed very familiar with them and we started to talk. She said that she lived next door to the old building and she started putting food out for the cats awhile ago and that they spent a lot of their time in her yard. We exchanged #'s and I told her I would drop food off when I could to her home to help with the feeding of these cats. She said she would take care of them in her yard and get them spayed once she had tamed them enough. I felt very good about this lady and trusted they were in good hands.


Tonight, she phoned me to tell me that she had both the white females spayed and the orange one (above) is next to get done. She has a home waiting for the orange one and she will keep the 2 white ones. She called them 'the little twin sisters'

I was over-the-moon  to hear this because it seems that all I ever hear about are the ones that people abandon, throw away or give-up for some lame reason.

There are still some very kind people out there.

hugs, Deb
   


12 comments:

  1. Aww, such a wonderful story! I love a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Just . . . thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story. You were both so kind going the extra mile for these dear kitties. 2 Paws up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love a happy ending.
    Animal lovers such as the two of you ladies, are what makes a difference in the pet population problem.
    My hat is off to you !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stories like this just does the heart good ~ fantastic!!!!

    So awesome Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunty Deb,
    This is good news. Pawesome. purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...like you. Thank you and her and all of those who are willing to care and help little ones in need. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very happy ending, which helps offset the pain of just learning about the thousands of the animals suffering alone in Japan. Very happy for happy endings - thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THere are indeed some very kind people out there, and you are one of them!! Thanks to you and the other lady, those kitties will now have happier lives. :) I'm glad there are people like you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just what I needed to start my day! Happy endings are to few and to far between. Thanks and blessings to the good woman and you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yey!
    I would have done the same.....only probably kept all three myself!

    ReplyDelete