Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Polite neighbours

This little buff-coloured fella is still hanging around our yard.
 Oh, he has a home, I'm sure, as we only see him early in the morning and again just before dark. It seems to me he is let out before his owners head to work and again after dinner. He doesn't cause any trouble and he's certainly handsome to look at. I wish I knew where he lived, though and I would tell them about our experience.
Here he is lounging on the retired-guys trailer.

And, our neighbour cat, Calaus, who I have cat-sat in the past, saunters over every evening to sit on our deck and stare in through the patio doors.  Audrey has a 'thing' for him.

I know he goes home before the owners' lights are out, and he is a fixed male, so we are ok with his visits. But after our nightmare, I will warn them and hope they will keep him in.
Calaus is a holy terror throughout the day, though, and he does think he owns the block. I've seen him chase a loose dog up the street. But, he behaves himself when he visits so that's ok.

Can you believe that today is the beginning of a new month once again. August is normally a beautiful month of sunny days and warm temperatures. Here's hoping this one does not disappoint.

So, in honour of a new month, I will use another little thrifty find to have some delicious tea and maybe a muffin or two. ;-)

                  
                                           One more little orphan finds a home.
         
 
hugs, Deb

18 comments:

  1. Hello, handsome neighbor cats =)
    Love your cup !

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a beautiful little orphan it is too! Happy weekend Deb! It always a joy to pop over and visit your cheerful blog and have a look at your beautiful cats.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calaus is a beautiful neighbor.
    Have a nice and taste August tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having such a wonderful time collecting pottery! The new piece looks like it fits perfectly in the hand. Lovely kitties as usual.
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Calaus looks very fiesty. I have to own up to once having a cat that ruled the neighborhood, he was called Kipper and he was huge, I must post some pictures of him.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, here's a stupid idea for Buffy but if you have an old or spare collar and he'd let you put it on you, can you attach a small note somehow (maybe on a piece of cardstock duct taped to the collar) with your phone number -- if you can write really tiny, you could maybe tell your story, but something to let them know about the bad cat lady. My gut feeling is that after being spotted and her car singled out, she might not be hanging in your neighborhood for awhile, but still... he's far too beautiful and sounds lovely -- I'd hate to see him meet a bad end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie - that is a wonderful idea but I can't get near this guy. As soon as I walk towards him he takes off running. He is very healthy looking and always comes from the same direction so I'm sure he has a home. He never comes up on the deck looking for food. I've been asking the neighbours about him and I am sure I will soon find out where he lives. I will tell them my terrible experience as soon as I can. I am also trying to befriend him so I can touch him.

      Delete
  7. Hello Deb! Looks like all the neighbourhood cats know that your home always welcomes kitty visitors! But I do always feel scared for kitties that seem to not belong to anyone in the neighbourhood. We only seem to have a couple here. Hope your summer is going well!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful buff cat. At the vet today, a man had rescued a tiny kitten that looked just like this. He named him Peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are pretty cats....I wonder if the first one really does have a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure he does, Betsy. We only see him certain times of the day (very early and again in the evening) which makes me think he is let out when the owners go to work and again after dinner. I cannot get near him as he runs as soon as I walk towards him. He looks healthy, never looks for food and does not even go to our water dish. He's young and it worries me that he will wander further. I am asking all the neighbours if they know who owns him. I haven't seen him now today at all.

      Delete
  10. That first cat definitely does look in fine shape, so like you say, he does have a home and just pops by when he likes. I'm sure you'll find his residence sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty kitties! I love lighting in the second photo. It sounds like your home is a magnet for all the neighborhood kitties like ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That buff guy looks like Redford and Emerson!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your *find*, Deb. A perfect treat filled with tea! Enjoy!

    Love your photo of Calaus!! Great lighting. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. He doesn't look for food? Isn't that against the cats code of conduct?
    Do you have any of those little free newspapers, the kind that are tossed on your lawn? They're always looking for articles of interest. Cat theft goes beyond that, by far. The may be able to run an article with an alert.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't say I'm overjoyed that it's August already...haven't had nearly enough summer yet! "Audrey and Calaus, sitting in a tree..." lol!

    ReplyDelete