Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Old habits are hard to break & last day for strawberries

The sun is shining today and there is a cool breeze. Great for working outside. After chatting with a friend at our local book/coffee shop I headed home for lunch and some outdoor work.

I will be returning keys and picking up keys this afternoon for cat-sitting on the weekend. I hope all goes well with some new kitties. Buddy's owner was very happy with Buddy's care and said she will be calling again. I love to hear that. You'll meet him tomorrow.

We are really enjoying the outdoor screened-in deck. No bugs.....yahoo! The cats enjoy it too but these two always seem to end up back inside all snuggled up together on their favorite blanket. It's hard to break old habits especially when you are very old cats. Ed is 22 years and Lily is 17 years. They were both rescued from terrible situations and they have bonded like this since they met.
Sierra prefers to be in the garden where she can be alone and plan her attack.
She's not a hunter....just likes to jump out and surprise you now and then.
The ferals are still being fed and watered each night and I am sure they are enjoying this one cool day today. We are expecting to have very hot weather over the weekend.

Hope you are enjoying the sun where you are. I just picked up a huge basket of strawberries since tomorrow is the last day they are sold locally at stands. 
I never get enough of them. Tonight it's strawberry short-cake. 
hugs, Deb





hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. Your new header is beautiful.. I love the picture of the cuddling kitty's...so sweet,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well with all the kitties. I love strawberries and this basket makes me want some! Yummy!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how old those kitties are! Wonderful! I wish bunnies lived that long.
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. your feral kitty looks a lot like Cody!!!

    Strawberries!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful , sweet cats. I think white cats are so beautiful, I Hope Custer gets adopted soon,
    and Johnny has wonderful markings.
    Your dog is very handsome!
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet kitties here today!

    I put some cat food out for a couple of strays I've seen yesterday morning... the crows keep getting at it! I think there is about 7 in my yard at the moment. They better scoot before the kitties come along! :)

    Strawberry season doesn't last long enough!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your posts..and you..someone who loves cats like I do! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww - those snuggle bunnies are so cute. Love the strawberries too. m said she's going to Farmer's Market tomorrow to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 22 & 17 Wow! The oldest wre have had was 18.

    God Bless you for what you do for All the kitties you come in contact with ~

    Your Strawberries look absolutely Wonderful :)) Enjoy ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never look at a photo of Ed and Lily without getting teary eyed. I swear that you could be having absolutely the worst day ever but one look at these elderly sweethearts could bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart.
    That they always return to their little spot tells us how very precious their home is to them.
    Any and all Ed and Lily photos greatfully viewed...and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been going through baskets and baskets of strawberries! One of our local stands is carryiing ever=bearing varieties this year and the woman said she'll have strawberries until the fall. She thinks they are sweeter than the ones in fruit right now. I guess I'll just have to try them for myself and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those two look so cuddly and snug together and what fun to lie in wait and pounce. I think the new people would have been so pleased at how you look after the kitties as they get special care. The strawberries look yummy, mum is taking lots to work to nibble on at the moment as they are at their peak here. Take care. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am considering getting an old cat. I am not sure, though. The pets I had when I was little were all outdoors. As for strawberries - I knew you were far north when you said they are at their peak now. Down here in Louisiana they peak in April.

    ReplyDelete