Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Postcards from my baby & a special birthday

A couple more weeks to go and she'll be home. She's been travelling in South America for 2 months.

I've missed her and worried every day. I'm the mom. Nothing more said.

But today is her 25th birthday and I feel sad. She should be here to celebrate.  25 There will be a party planned for when she gets home but for now she has a little tiny box with a bow to open from us. You have to have at least one little box to open on your birthday, right? It's a necklace with a turquoise bead. She loves anything turquoise. Just a little trinket for her neck. Just so she knows we are thinking of her.

Allie is in the purple coat

So "Happy Birthday Brat." This will be one birthday you will never forget. You know we miss you and can't wait to see your smiling face. I doubt you will read this as you are somewhere on a mountain but it makes me feel better just thinking you might. I hope someone bakes you a cake.
Love ya!
Mom

6 comments:

  1. So hard for her to be that far away. Think of the wonderful memories she will have. I know you are anxious for her to come home! Soon Mom! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish your daughter a Happy 25th birthday !
    My mom too wan´t to travel to South America someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I miss my kitties! I've always had cats until just after my husband died. So sweet. I miss my Bumpy. I was amazed to find many years ago that cats certainly could be trained.
    Maybe some day I will have another kitty. I hope so.
    I hope so!

    Is there anything more wonderful than a daughter..and I understand your upset at her being far away on her birthday! Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Allie! Many happy returns of the day! And speaking of returns, we can't wait to hear all of your stories when you get back. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your daughter! I agree Deb..this will be a birthday she'll never forget but I bet a part of her misses being there with all of you. It won't be long until you're all together again...then you can celebrate. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whether she reads it or not, I'm sure she knows you're thinking of her! :)

    ReplyDelete