Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I brake for blue and white

Blue and white dishes.

Up until just months ago I had a plate; one plate passed on from my mom.

Now I am looking for odd pieces everywhere.
Most of these were purchased in an antique shop in Almonte. I can't get enough of this beautiful combination.
Aw..would you look at these little feet.
Audrey's food of choice when given medication.
on a china plate

Cat-tip-for-the-weekend
Add boxes to your cats' areas. Stop buying toys when a few odd sized boxes placed side by side will fill their day with fun. Sometimes I put a smaller box inside a larger box. Sprinkle a bit of cat-nip in the box if they enjoy that. Here you see Audrey behind the smaller box but still enjoying the larger box. She will stay in there for hours and eventually customize the box to her liking. Once the boxes are chewed up, find some new ones. You can cut out windows in the larger box for them to see through.
Cheap toys and hours of fun.


Well, time to start hitting the shops. I have a baby shower, 2 birthdays, a mother of the bride dress to find & a new grand-son on his way soon. Where do I start? Maybe I'll have some tea first. ;-)

I'm joining Tuesday Cuppa Tea at http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.ca/

hugs, Deb

19 comments:

  1. I giggled when I read "I brake for blue and white"!!!! You have some busy and wonderful event coming up! YeeHaw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats' favourite toys are shoelaces! We have 'chase the shoelace' games every morning.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't mention the manufacturer of the china you're looking for. I haunt the thrift stores and can keep an eye out but it would be helpful to know what the maker's mark is like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a vast amount of blue and white today at an estate sale. The prices were a little high but next weekend she will be 50% off. I did get two 1950's aprons for a good price. Clovis does love getting in my boxes from Costco we have noticed. Good tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott and I always get a couple boxes at Sam's Club JUST for the Horde!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I LOVE, love, love your blue and whites! The coffee pot is darling with the tea things and little feet! Thanks for sharing them with us and enjoy all the festivities ahead.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look for blue and white dishes while you're out! That's one of my fav combos too. That and red and white.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe! Drink a cup of tea first!!!! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brake for blue and white, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purrdy purrdy purrdy! :) Love your blue and white and the purrdy kitty! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mad for blue and white too!
    And brown and white....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy lady! I love your blue and whites! Even as old as Charlie is he loves boxes! Best toys ever! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree...most of my home is blue and white. I love any color...as long as it's blue (and white, usually!)! Thanks for sharing your new (and perfectly understandable obsession) and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deb,
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous blue and white china with us at Tea Time. As I mentioned before, I love it! Hope you are having a splendid day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb, I can see why you want to collect more of the blue and white china; very pretty!
    You're going to be busy, having a cup of tea first sounds like the sensible thing to do.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Deb,
    the blue and white china is lovely. I hope you will find some more of the things, you want. Oh my, the kitty enjoys the box, I can see that. Boxes are so nice toys. I wish you fun with your upcoming events.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blue and white, Deb. It is just stunning! Ebay is a great source for all things china (and ironstone).
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful blue and white teacups. One can never be enough. Thank you for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete