Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A spot of tea and a New Year's Resolution

“In Ireland, you go to someone's house, and she asks you if you want a cup of tea. You say no, thank you, you're really just fine. She asks if you're sure. You say of course you're sure, really, you don't need a thing. Except they pronounce it ting. You don't need a ting. Well, she says then, I was going to get myself some anyway, so it would be no trouble. Ah, you say, well, if you were going to get yourself some, I wouldn't mind a spot of tea, at that, so long as it's no trouble and I can give you a hand in the kitchen. Then you go through the whole thing all over again until you both end up in the kitchen drinking tea and chatting. 

In America, someone asks you if you want a cup of tea, you say no, and then you don't get any damned tea.

I liked the Irish way better.” 
― C.E. Murphy, Urban Shaman

So, would you like some tea? *grin* You can also enjoy a brownie or two made by my baker-extraordinaire sister, Diane. ;-)

                Today's tea is pretty in pink.
It is Raspberry Ginseng Tea made in England by charbrew and it is amazing. I always add a little honey just because.
ingredients...Raspberry, Ginseng, Rosehip & Hibiscus
It is a fruity red-coloured tea and delicious. 

My New Years' Resolution is to walk more; everyday. If I do this it takes care of my health, my weight and my frame of mind all wrapped up in a ribbon. SO....as soon as this deep-freeze leaves I am hitting the pavement. Then I'm going to drink tea and lots of it. 
Two resolutions I know I can keep.


Annie (aka Peach), well, her resolution is to seek out more sun-puddles and increase her sleep-time.  I'm betting on her keeping this one, too.

hugs, Deb

16 comments:

  1. Haha, that is so funny. A lot of truth to it as well. This tea looks really delicious! I am sipping on some green tea right now. Not my favorite, but I know it's good for you and I'm trying to be better this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would prefer the Irish way, too! The raspberry tea sounds good. I have finally found some green tea that I like. It's very soothing.

    Annie is indeed a peach. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years! It's very cold here in Michigan. I think I may take your suggestion and make a cuppa raspberry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea story! I wish I could get out and walk too - way too cold (-50C is ridiculous, even for Winnipeg!) but Drs orders are to walk more. Geesh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.....Annie is lovely...
    Would love to have a cup of tea with you, Deb...
    And a nice long walk...
    That was one of my goals as well...but...too darn cold⛄️
    Enjoy your weekend..

    Cheers!
    Linda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of having to go through such a polite rigamarole to get a cup of tea! Most anything is improved with a bit of raspberry flavor. Hot tea with a sweet nibble should be a necessity for a cold winter afternoon. [And a few cats for company make the occasion all the better!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love the elephan tea pot! I love the story about the tea. It could also be a comparison between the older generation and the younger. My Mum would be like the Irish, I would be the American... gotta work on being more Irish :)
    Wishin you all a splendid new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just love the elephan tea pot! I love the story about the tea. It could also be a comparison between the older generation and the younger. My Mum would be like the Irish, I would be the American... gotta work on being more Irish :)
    Wishin you all a splendid new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If anyone asks me if I want tea...... Well, let's say I wouldn't do to well in Ireland. I always say why yes, thank you!
    Your tea sounds lovely! You find the most delightful blends.
    Peach obviously loves her home and
    probably will never loose the sheer joy of finding peace and resting
    without fear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raspberry Ginseng sounds soooo good! Hugs to you and Annie ... keep puddle hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would NEVER say no to a cup of tea. And a brownie is always enjoyable. Yup, I like the Irish way too. Cute!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness. I'd love to have access to some of the teas you have. They sound so wonderful. I purchase honey from a local apiary thanks to your postings about honey. It's more costly but so worth it. I actually go through about a quart every 6 weeks. Just me!! haha I thank God for those little bees and all they do for us. I hope 2014 will be your best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My cats are in the process of seeking out sun puddles also... it's funny when they all try to get into the same one. Love the elephant teapot... and that 2 month pic of Gwynn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the tea story...here in Argentina is the Irish way but with mate in every home: "Would you like unos matecitos?"
    Hibiscus tea is great,so healthy and refreshing if you drink it cold... we are having very high temperatures here! Diane´s brownies look yummmy!
    I hope you can accomplish your walk resolution soon and Annie I hope you can have lots of sun-puddles sweety. Lots of kisses from this Argentinian lady who loves you♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sun puddles have so much appeal too!

    ReplyDelete