Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Some favorite things.

The little felt bag that now holds some knitting was a gift from Ronna at http://ronnas.blogspot.ca /last Christmas. It is the perfect size for carting around with you from place to place. "Thanks Ronna. I love this little bag."
The tea-cup was a Mother's Day gift from my oldest daughter that came all the way from South Korea a few years back. Jess was teaching there for a year and found it in a little market on her time off. I've always loved it and consider it to be one of my favorite possessions.

Blueberry Muffins with Margaret's Hope tea.
Can you find the floating Annie head in the pic? hahaha!
I didn't know she was there until I looked at the photo.
The muffins are fresh out of the oven.

Cats in windows...well,
I need not tell you that that is one of my favorite things, too. This kitty-client named Lucy was a beautiful cat with an equally charming personality.  She passed away a few years back at the age of 20 and this photo remains still today to be one of my favorite 'cat in window' captures.
I still miss her and think of her often.

Well, the sun lasted a few hours today and then a cold wind blew in. But, the good news is the temperature is rising now and we had a balmy -12C today.  This is a much more tolerable day. Heading out for a walk soon and dinner at the pub with some family.  Fish & chips....ya!

I'm joining Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

Stay warm.


8 comments:

  1. Such a touching photograph of your cat friend Lucy. Love that bag and the unusual teacup. Very pretty both! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a delight blog, Deb. That is a very cute felt bag. That's a very unusual cup/saucer and I know you treasure that. Of course, Annie had to be in on that photo shoot! The photo of Lucy is cute as can be. Hope you have a very nice day. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! Happy you are getting use from that little felt bag. Cheers and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised you don't get more cat photobombs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in the deep freeze as well. We have gone from -7 to 20 so far today. We are supposed to get up to freezing in a couple of days with snow on the way again.
    That picture of the kitty in the curtain is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me forever to find Annie but I finally did. I was looking for her reflection in the teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it when the sun comes out! That cup is just full or rustic charm. Both muffins and kitty shots are wonderful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete