Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Banana Bread Cookies

Audrey
Don't even ask me what she's thinking. I have no idea.

But I do know that these cookies are delicious. They are soft and moist and full of flavour.
They are a perfect tea cookie for Tea-time Tuesday.
If you love banana bread you will love these.

Banana Bread Cookies

Need I say more?
here goes...

1/4 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of butter softened
2 organic brown eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 ripe bananas mashed
2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of walnuts

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together the butter and sugars. Is there anything better than butter...NO!
Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon to the creamed mixture and mix well. Mix in the bananas, oats, walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on to parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Can there be anything easier than this?

I have made these without the chocolate chips in the past and they were a little less sweet. Either way they are amazing.

And for tea today we had English Breakfast tea in my Blue and white transfer-ware tea-cups called Country-side.
If you love banana bread do try these. They are scrumpdillyishus.

I'm joining Tea Time Tuesday at http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca/
hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. They look so good...I am going to make these.....for sure!
    Sloppy, dirty day here today...I want some fresh snow to hide all the yucky mess!
    Enjoy your tea party!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I love banana bread, I'm sure I'll love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY ! Nothing like a home made treat with a cuppa of tea . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this recipe! My husband loves banana bread so I bet he would like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute photo and the banana bread cookies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look so good, Deb. I love banana bread so I know I would love these. Your blue and white teacup is lovely. Thank you for sharing the recipe and coming to tea. Enjoy your week, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love banana bread so I will try these cookies for sure. Oh Audrey, if only we knew what was going on in that head of yours...or do we REALLY want to know! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, those look delicious! And perfect with a cup of tea. Audrey is soooo cute. I often wonder what's going on in my cats' heads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cookies do look good! Maybe Audrey is thinking she might like to try the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a terrible cookie baker but I'm going to try these. Pinning. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delish, Deb! I love banana bread - but we've cut most of the refined sugars out of our diet so I experiment with less sweetners. Trouble is - texture! I shall see what comes of making some substitutions here - but I'm sure they are yummy - especially in your blue transferware! Love those patterns of countrysides and castles.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete