Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Tea-time Tuesday

It was time to send some 'little cakes' over to my grand-daughter, Riley's house today. These are her favorite and I know she will share them with her little brother, Bradley.
But before they left it was time for tea and a 'little cake' for us.

Black tea in my favorite tea-cups from Anthropologie.

I used my white elephant tea-pot.


The 'little cakes' are actually pumpkin muffins but Riley can call them anything she likes. I always sprinkle a little cinnamon and brown sugar on top.

We have put all the Christmas things away now and although the house looks a little 'drab' it will be nice to have some space to play with again.
Kane finally got his walk yesterday when the temperature rose to just above freezing. What relief. And now, one day later, it is plummeting again and it is like a skating rink out there. Not good for walking an old dog, for sure. I guess he'll have to have a few extra car rides for awhile which will make him VERY happy.
I know I'm Canadian and I'm supposed to love this crap but I just want one degree above freezing for awhile. Is that too much to ask?

Stay warm.

I'm joining Sandi at http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca/ for Tea-cup Tuesday

hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. I like your new header Deb. The amount of snow has been tough to try and walk my dog and if we make it around the block, I'm happy. As you've said, some days have been so darn slippery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    very fine look of the muffins.
    As beautiful as much snow in our winter is not yes it is way too warm, I also want to have snow.
    Lots of love have a nice day, greetings from Bavaria by Tatjana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    This winter is a chore for sure. More snow than we know what to do with and now ice everywhere. Eleven more weeks till Spring!!

    Your muffins look yummy and that is a pretty teacup! Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your day, my friend. Keep cozy!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are some fashionable boots Deb! Looks so cold..here in Texas too, but at least we have sunshine and don't have to deal with the snow! Stay warm with the lovely tea time.....kiss the kitties and Kane too. He is so GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb, it looks cold up there...but I'd trek through that "crap" just to have tea and those little cakes with you:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're watching the weather today and can't believe the temperatures in the northern U.S. And Canada! Just evil! It will be 70F/21C where we live. But we'll pay for this when our summer comes. We get runs of 116F/46C and we think 108F/42C is positively pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your coat!! And those Anthropologie cups. :) It's supposed to warm up by the end of the week, so have hope. :)

    ReplyDelete