Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Big, beautiful eyes

Cat tid-bit...
a white cat with green, brown or gold eyes will hear fine.
a white cat with 2 blue eyes will be stone deaf.
a white cat with 1 blue eye and 1 other colour will only be deaf on the side of the blue eye.
Our Lily has two gold eyes.

The weather has finally calmed down and we are looking at a sunny, decent weekend. It should be around +5 or so. Almost balmy for us.
I brought home some daisies just because. I have noticed lots of flowers on blogs the last few days. I think we are all thinking 'spring' since winter showed up early this year.



Look who came to visit today.

Auntie Allie and Gwyn. More big, beautiful eyes.
She was playing shy today.
When she smiles my heart melts.

I can never find Audrey when little people arrive. And then as soon as they leave I find her in one of her hidey-holes. "Oh Audrey, you are such a scaredy-cat."

"The baby has gone. Are you happy now?"

"Do you have a smile for my readers?"
"Attagirl"
hugs, Deb


12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos ! It is very mild and rain is to start tonight through tomorrow , gona be a sloppy mes out there . Thanks for sharing Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyn is getting bigger!

    I didn't know that about those kind of cats...

    And Audrey's smile makes me think she's up to something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting tidbit about white cats. My mother had a white cat with blue eyes for a time. Unfortunately, she insisted on being an outside cat. She was a couple of years old when someone gave her to my mom and was used to being outside the majority of the time. She would literally climb the walls and wail (and for a deaf cat she was LOUD) if my mom tried to keep her in. Sadly, she didn't fare well as an outside cat.

    Gwyn has beautiful brown eyes. Such a cutie.

    Your Audrey is a very pretty kitty. A fact of which, I'm sure, she is fully aware. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I had a white cat, Ed, who had yellow eyes and was stone deaf. (He had a repertoire of hand signals that he understood). And I currently have a blue eyed white kitty, Katie, who has excellent hearing! I was of the understanding that 50% of all-white cats are genetically deaf... Contrary cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Gwyn is adorable! Love Audrey's smile! I had a white cat with blue eyes and she was deaf and I had a white cat with gold eyes and she could hear everything!!! Great info to know! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL Audrey, Your smile make me laugh :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that smile.......made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daisies are such happy flowers! I think Audrey wants to be the only baby in the family! She's so funny. Gwyn is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't genetics amazing? Sweet shots!!!




    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics of Gwyn and her auntie. And nice smile, Audrey. I'm sure you didn't force that AT ALL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to have a white cat with gold eyes who was completely deaf! Cricket loved to walk on a leash, and would even climb trees while on the leash. He also loved to ride in the car. I think he liked the vibration of the motor. We would call him to come by tapping on the floor or wall.

    ReplyDelete